1.21.2007

superfluous prince


no big secret, i loves me some skinny mother fucker with the high voice. yes, it's a bittersweet love - i mean the man's a fuckin' genius, but sometimes he's a lame-ass fuck that is mearly resting on his laurels.

well shit if this didn't remind me how much i love it when the man just simply plays - for the love of the guitar! the above video is from prince's 2004 induction into the rock and roll hall of fame. if you don't know, at the end of the induction ceremony, the recently inducted members do a "jam session" - the video is princes solo during the george harrison tune "while my guitar gently weeps".

i love this.

3 comments:

cb said...

I 'may' not be able to watch his halftime performance at the superbowl.

I'm just sayin'....

Anonymous said...

Yes, this is the Prince I enjoy most. When he cuts it up, he cuts it up. We get to see a little of this in 3121.

I just hate when the bitch starves us for so long.

Anonymous said...

Oh, great find!
I have never seen this. Prince is a genius.