1.04.2007

medial meniscus and "other bodies"

wow - so much to update you all on - the holidays, my complete and utter total addiction to sports night, and my new years weekend with cb (by the way, ignore whatever he says about my "gameplay" - it's not my fault he can't draw worth a shit and his family is cruel and makes people "act out" shit) - and i will update you all, i promise... but

i got me some big fuckin' news for ya'll.


that there picture, that's a knee cap (well specifically it's showing you a medial meniscus). that there picture, that's my future. specifically my very near future.

next tuesday i will be going under the knife...

18 years ago i took a fairly dramatic fall that resulted in 3 tiny bone chips floating around under my knee cap roughing up my medial meniscus. the doctor then (and the 2 subsequent doctor's that have had the pleasure of poking and prodding my knee) essentially said "yup, you got some bone chips in there; you'll want to have those removed someday - in the mean time, here's a knee brace; off you go".

to which i generally responded with "why don't you fucking cut me open and remove the "other bodies" so i don't live with pain for the next 18 years". (they call bone chips "other bodies" - sounds vaugly alien doesn't it?)

interestingly enough, they ignored that question.

so there i was living off and on with sometimes marginal pain to sometimes blazingly intense pain - until this past november.

november was the beginning of the end.... my knee has progressively gotten worse and worse (tears may have been involved a time or two, i'm not ashamed to admit it). so i've finally found a lovely doctor who agreed to remove said "other bodies" in order to improve the quality of my life.

so this coming tuesday at 2:00pm my knee will be filleted and fixed.

i'm very happy about this.

in other non-meniscus news i just want to give a shout out to the original "nasty girl" who turned 48 today.

happy birthday vanity!



5 comments:

Kevin said...

Good luck on your knee surgery. Hopefully they won't have to slice too much and they can just go in through a small incision or two.

cb said...

I don't care if she did turn ultra-religious. She still look like a 'ho.

Anonymous said...

Hooray - someone listened to you finally.

I wonder if they'll do it laproscopically? That would be nice.

Well, here is to a successful surgery and a speedy recovery!

Anonymous said...

Those were some interesting pics.
Good luck with your surgery.

Anonymous said...

Good luck Kylie! Hammer