7.28.2006

the mundanity of my life

so little is actually happening in my life right now it's pathetic on a certain level and reassuringly "the same" on another. a lot has changed for me in the past few years, i've gotten the job of my dreams which never ceases to amaze/confound/challenge/inspire me. i moved onto a more rewarding and fulfilling role on the red ribbon ride. i've actively begun pursuing my buddhist path. i've closed the door on a number of unhealthy relationships (resulting in a lack of close friends in minneapolis - do you have any idea how hard it is make new friends at 36?).

but on the other hand, i'm still a terrible home-body (shy isn't the right word, but it's close). have the sex life of a monk. still single. etc. etc. etc.

i really shouldn't complain - my life is pretty good on a number of levels and i moreorless have my health (finally).

of course the fear with the perfect job is that it allows me to hide behind it a bit. i have two busy seasons - spring (january - may) and fall (august - november). this proves to be a tempting excuse to just disappear for a bit.

for example - starting next week this is my work schedule for the next few months:

aug 4 - 6 / denver for a hair show
aug 21 - 24 / los angeles for a regional sales meeting i'm producing
aug 24 - 28 / home, but producing the 2nd largest hair show our company does (insanity abounds)
sept 8 - 10 / dallas, for a hair show
sept 10 - 12 / atlanta, another regional sales meeting
sept 13 - 15 / back to dallas for another regional sales meeting
sept 18 - 19 / home, but managing a regional sales meeting remotely
sept 21 - 22 / home, but managing another regional sales meeting remotely
sept 23 - 25 / cleveland, for a hair show
sept 25 - 27 / cincinnatti, for another regional sales meeting
oct 3 - 5 / chicago for the last regional sales meeting
oct 6 - 7 / chicago for a bit of a rest with ray & jeremy <--- happy kyle!

oct 20 - 23 / home, producing our global sales meeting

nov 3 - 6 / home, producing a "summit" with the owners of our schools in north america

nov 11 - 12 / san fran, possibly participating in the largest consumer green festival in the world

damn, i'm tired just typing it out like that. no wonder i'm single. but can't i still just get laid occasionally? lol

----other random thoughts jumping around my head:

- big props to landry for sending me a link to camera obscura's brilliant song 'lloyd, i'm ready to be heartbroken' writtten about one my idols lloyd cole. a brilliant song, thanks for sending it (you too can check it out by going to itunes and searching for it)

- along the music tip (and to further my obsession with robbie), mr williams has a new song and a new album coming out late fall - you can hear the tune here: rudebox74 i quite like it - it's poppy and technoy and rappy all at once.

- i'm really excited about a new clothing line at target - it's designed by a brit named keanan duffty. keanan is a punk ruck designer that my company has worked with for a few years designing t-shirts for our shows. i've met him a bunch of times and he's a really nice/cool guy. i'm thrilled he's in target. check him out if you like the punk rock aesthetic.

- i was bored earlier and was fuckin' around with my digital camera and popped a few pics of yours truly. i wasn't gonna post 'em (namely cause i hate pictures of myself), but then i thought what the fuck. so here you go:





this is parker. you haven't met her yet. she pretty much rocks my world. and besides, what's a gay man without a pet?

7 comments:

cb said...

A gay man without a pet is free to travel and spend the night wherever he so chooses... so nyah.

Anonymous said...

What do you do w/ your gerbils Chris?

I love the torso shot kyle, that's very cool.

Kevin said...

Very nice. Thanks.

Kevin said...

and i have to say i'm with CB on the pet thing. I mean i love my pets, but to be completely free would be a major help sometime.

landry said...

woof!!!

landry said...

and?
i HAVE met parker...upclose and personal like

cheapblueguitar said...

NIce pic :)